The cost of steel has risen dramatically since August of 2020, as the high demand for building materials and domestic steel has created a supply shortage.
On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Adam Mazzella from standing seam metal roofing sheet and coil supplier Sheffield Metals is back to explain what is causing these price increases, the potential ramifications on construction and manufacturing, what steel consumers can do to protect their businesses, and the future outlook of the metals industry in the second quarter of 2021 and beyond.
- What has changed from February 2021 to May 2021? 1:00
- What are the global implications? 2:58
- What should steel consumers know and can they take action? 6:53
- Is the price of steel approaching a cliff? 8:34
- Could something cause the market to be flooded with steel? 12:27