Your Metal Roof & Wall Product Supplier in California, the Pacific, & the West Coast
Welcome to the new Sheffield Metals International location in Southern California!
Sheffield Metals International is an industry leader in the distribution of painted, coated, and bare metal products used in the architecturally-driven metal roofing and wall industry. We specialize in providing engineered standing seam metal roof systems and profiles for contractors, manufacturers, architects, and homeowners’ projects.
Our new West Coast branch (est. 2018), which is neatly situated between Los Angeles, Orange County, and the Inland Empire in La Mirada, CA, is built to support you and your business. That’s why we’re able to offer our customers with the complete package — quality products, decades of expertise, and continued support before, during, and after the most complicated projects.
Metal Sheet & Coil, Machinery, Accessories, & More — Available for Pick Up or Delivery on the West Coast!
Painted & Bare Metal Sheet & Coil – Galvalume, Aluminum, Copper, & Zinc
For over 20 years, Sheffield Metals has been supplying the architectural metals industry with painted and bare metal sheet and coil products to fabricate metal roof and wall panels, flashings, and trim. Our painted Galvalume® and aluminum sheet and coil are coated in Fluropon®, a high-quality and long-lasting PVDF resin paint system (Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000®) produced by Sherwin-Williams. The Sheffield Metals La Mirada location continuously stocks more than 40 colors and can order virtually any custom color to accommodate your project. We also supply zinc (elZinc®) and copper as specialty sheet and coil.
All orders from customers on the West Coast are cut-to-length in our La Mirada facility, which has full coil and sheet processing capabilities. Metal is available in 40”, 44”, and 48” widths to minimize scrap and drop-cuts.
Engineered Metal Roof & Wall Systems
We offer a complete selection of engineered standing seam metal roof and wall systems and related accessories to use for all of your projects, including residential, commercial, solid substrate, and open framing applications. Our engineered systems have been tested to meet the strict industry standards set forth by the industry, including wind uplift, water penetration, water submersion, hail rating, and fire rating. All SMI panel profiles meet minimum UL-90 approvals.
Portable Rollforming Machinery & Equipment
Providing an array of profile offerings, including engineered profiles, is one of the most efficient ways to garner more business and better serve diverse customers. Let Sheffield Metals’ line-up of forming machinery and equipment create the right solution to help you meet your goals and complete projects:
- New Tech Machinery rollforming equipment
- Machinery training and support
- Access to multiple brands of brakes and shears
Accessories & Components for Metal Roof & Wall Systems
Incorporate our complete line of accessories into your architectural and engineered metal roofing systems! This location stocks underlayment, sealant, butyl tape, pipe boots, clips, clamps, screws, rivets, and coated fasteners to match our color finishes. We also offer accessories to use with zinc and copper products.
Providing Metal Roofing Materials to the California, Pacific Northwest, & Pacific Regions
The Sheffield Metals La Mirada location proudly provides the metal roofing products and services to the following states, cities, and surrounding areas:
- California – Including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, & Oakland
- Hawaii – Including Honolulu, Kailua, Pearl City, Hilo, Waipahu, & Kanohe
- Oregon – Including Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, Hillsboro, & Beaverton
- Washington – Including Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane, Tacoma, & Olympia
- Arizona – Including Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe, & Yuma
- Nevada – Including Las Vegas, Reno, Henderson, Carson City, & Sparks
- Alaska – Including Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, & Ketchikan
If you or your business is not located in any of the states listed above, please reach out to us! We can connect you with the Sheffield Metals location that is closest and most convenient for you.
Providing Aluminum Metal Sheet & Coil Products to the West Coast
When it comes to homes and properties located directly on the coast, aluminum is easily the best metal roofing system choice. Aluminum has inherent properties that resist against corrosion from saltwater, and performs significantly better on the coast than Galvalume (steel).
However, in the past, the availability of aluminum for metal roofing and wall projects was scarce on the West Coast, as most aluminum products were produced, painted, and stored on the East Coast. But with the opening of the La Mirada Sheffield Metals branch, we’re bringing our aluminum program directly to the Western United States. This location stocks painted aluminum metal sheet and coil, which means it can be processed on-site and picked up or delivered in a much shorten time frame to better accommodate your manufacturing or installation schedule.
Ask us about our aluminum program and how we can partner with you to create a solution that helps to grow your business!
Exclusive Access to Experts in Sheffield Metals’ Architectural and Technical Departments
Sheffield Metals understands the importance of having technical and architectural resources available to answer your questions and assist with your specific project requirements on the West Coast. With more than 50 years of combined installation, technical, and architectural experience, Sheffield Metals has put together the best Technical and Architectural Departments the industry has to offer. Our representatives in both departments have backgrounds in installing, bidding, design, and working with technically-driven architectural projects.
- Architectural submittals & details
- Proper panel profile selection
- Design & bidding assistance services
- Engineering requirements
- Estimating services
- Rollforming machine training & support
- Any technical or installation questions
Buildings and properties on the West Coast might specify special technical requirements and building codes; please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or need assistance.
Protect Your Roof & Wall Projects with Weathertight Warranties
Whether you’re a property owner in California, architect in Washington, manufacturer in Hawaii, or installer in Alaska: Weathertight warranties exist as an investment protector. These warranties promise that not only will the roof system not leak due to material defects, but that the roof or wall was installed according to the manufacturer’s tested and proven standards/details.
The SMI Technical Department controls all of our weathertight warranties in house and is dedicated to approving, inspecting, and issuing weathertight warranties on your commercial, architectural, and structural projects. Sheffield Metals offers two distinct types of weathertight warranties:
- Limited Weathertight Warranties — Covers repairs up to the dollar amount paid for the cost of the metal roof materials and installation. This is not limited or capped by a single issue if multiple events occur in the duration of the warranty. Year lengths available: 5-year, 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, 25-year, 30-year, and 35-year options.
- No Dollar Limit Weathertight Warranties — If repairs for an affected roof or wall exceed that of the cost of the materials and installation, then the total cost of repairs will be covered. This is not limited or capped by a single issue should multiple events occur in the duration of the warranty. Year lengths available: 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, 25-year, 30-year, and 35-year options.