Steel prices normally fluctuate slightly as the metals market changes, but since late Spring 2020, supply has dropped and prices have soared. On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Adam Mazzella explains some of the reasons behind the increase, why steel has become harder to acquire, and what this means for the metal construction industry.
- What’s been happening with steel supply in 2020 and 2021? 1:03
- What does this mean for the price of steel in 2021? 4:22
- What does this mean for companies that need to purchase steel regularly? 5:22
- How does this affect the metal construction industry and the end user? 6:56
- What does this mean for customers interested in metal roofing? 8:00
- What’s the future outlook for steel and the metal markets? 10:09
- What is Sheffield doing to help existing customers through this? 11:35
Learn about Section 232 and steel tariffs here.