Contractors, architects, and manufacturers in the Western United States: Are you searching for suppliers and manufacturers of metal sheets and coil to use in metal roofing and wall system projects? Are you looking to get a better idea of the available suppliers who might be a good fit for your business and your needs?
We know how important it is for you to find a metal sheet and coil supplier manufacturer that is reliable, responsive, and produces high-quality metal roofing products, primarily because your business depends on it. If you end up picking the wrong supplier, you run the risk of losing customer trust, which could result in a loss of business and profits.
At Sheffield Metals, we pride ourselves on being an industry leader in the distribution of quality coated and bare metal products used for metal roofing and wall systems, as well as engineered standing seam metal roofing systems. While we like to believe we can offer a solution for everyone, we also understand that you might want to consider all of the different metal sheet and coil suppliers and manufacturers available to buy from. Plus, it’s a common question we get all the time: “If I don’t choose Sheffield Metals, what other suppliers would you recommend?”
We firmly believe that an educated consumer is a smart consumer. And since we’ve already covered some of the best metal sheet and coil suppliers in the Eastern U.S., we want to go further and switch over to discussing some of the best coil manufacturers found in the Western U.S.
#1: AEP Span
Year Founded: 1971
Headquarters: Tacoma, Washington
Company Description: AEP Span is one of three business units comprising ASC Profiles, LLC, a leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck products. With over 45 years in the business, AEP Span specializes in product solutions designed for multi-family, educational, commercial, and institutional metal roof and wall applications.
- Metal flat sheets
- Metal roofing systems – Exposed fastener and concealed fastener
- Metal wall systems – Exposed fastener and concealed fastener
- Trim and flashing
- Structural steel deck
#2: Berridge Manufacturing Company
Year Founded: 1970
Headquarters: San Antonio, Texas
Company Description: Berridge Manufacturing Company was founded in 1970 by Jack Berridge as a manufacturer of metal panels and shingles. Today, over 40 years later with locations scattered around the U.S., Berridge has become a trusted source of quality metal roofing and siding products for the architectural metal panel industry.
- Metal coil and flat sheets
- Standing seam metal roofing
- Exposed fastener metal roofing
- Metal tile and shingles
- Fascia, wall, and soffit panels
- Portable rollforming machines
#3: Coated Metals Group
Year Founded: 1983
Headquarters: Verona, Wisconsin
Company Description: Coated Metals Group is a leading manufacturer of pre-finished steel products for the construction industry. Headquartered in Verona, Wisconsin, CMG expanded to operate full production and distribution facilities in Denver, Colorado; Indianapolis, Indiana; Phoenix, Arizona; and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Metal sheets and coil
- Panel systems
- Snow retention systems
- Flashing and trim
#4: Custom-Bilt Metals
Year Founded: 1980
Headquarters: Irving, Texas
Company Description: Custom-Bilt Metals is considered one of the key companies offering roofing solutions in the Western U.S. and Hawaii. With a wide variety of products and resources, such as metal roofing and gutter systems, Custom-Bilt products are popular among architects, contractors, and homeowners.
- Metal roofing systems – Standing seam, aluminum shingles and shake, corrugated, and PBR
- Continuous rain gutter systems
- Metal wall and soffit panels
- Copper, zinc, and bare Zincalume® products
#5: Firestone Building Products, LLC
Year Founded: 1980
Headquarters: Nashville, Tennessee
Company Description: As a leading manufacturer of commercial roofing solutions, Firestone Building Products Company has been a trusted source for contractors, building owners, and specifiers for 30 years. The company has evolved from a single product to a full manufacturer of EPDM, thermoplastic, asphalt and metal roofing systems, polyisocyanurate insulation, and accessories.
- Metal sheet and coil
- UNA-CLAD™ UC meeting roofing panels and soffits
- RubberGard™ EPDM roofing systems
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing systems
- Roofing underlayment and insulation
- Asphalt roofing systems
- Roofing accessories
Year Founded: 1976
Headquarters: Houston, Texas
Company Description: Since 1976, MBCI has provided its customers with quality metal roofing and wall products. MBCI sets itself apart by offering a wide range of roofing and wall panel profiles totaling around 90 different options. With locations across the U.S., MBCI is a popular choice for nearly all industries, including industrial, residential, and architectural.
- Metal roofing systems – Concealed fastener, exposed fastener, standing seam, curved, and soffit
- Metal wall systems – Concealed fastener, exposed fastener, insulated, and interior
- Metal retrofit systems
- Insulated metal panels
- Metal panel accessories and trim
#7: Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
Year Founded: 1963
Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky
Company Description: Founded in 1963 by E. L. Stephens and C. L. Baird Sr., Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation metal products are prominent on architectural buildings, residential and commercial structures, and ranches and farms throughout America. Metal Sales owns and operates 21 manufacturing facilities in 17 states across the U.S., including Alaska.
- Concealed fastener wall panels
- Standing seam metal roofing systems
- Retro-Master® retrofit roof system
- Metal accessories and trim products
- Secondary framing
- IMPower Series™ insulated metal panels
#8: Morin Corporation, a Kingspan Group Company
Year Founded: 1955
Headquarters: Bristol, Connecticut
Company Description: Founded in 1955, Morin, a Kingspan Group Company, has become one of the most versatile manufacturers of single element metal wall and roof panel systems. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, with production locations in DeLand, Florida, and Fontana, California, Morin offers products and support to complete all metal wall and roof system projects.
- Metal wall systems – Matrix Series®, Integrity Series, concealed fastener, and exposed fastener
- Metal roofing systems – Exposed fastener, standing seam, Symmetry Series, and MorZip®
- Mitered corners, panel curving, perforations, and profile louvers
- Fastener matching
#9: Quality Metals
Year Founded: 2006
Headquarters: San Antonio, Texas
Company Description: Quality Metals first came into the metal industry in 2006 and continues to supply metal roofing and wall panels for residential, commercial, agricultural, and architectural markets today. Quality Metals currently operates six branches throughout the state of Texas.
- Metal coil and flat sheets
- Standing seam metal roofing panels
- Roof and wall panels – Soffit, R-panel, PBR, AG, and 5V crimp
- Structural sheet
- Accessories and trim
#10: Taylor Metal Products, Inc.
Year Founded: 1985
Headquarters: Salem, Oregon
Company Description: For over 20 years, Taylor Metal Products, Inc. has been manufacturing and delivering metal roofing, siding, and soffit products for residential, commercial, or agricultural projects. Taylor Metal Products is highly regarded by many of the top sheet metal installers in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and California.
- Metal roofing systems – Commercial, agricultural, and residential
- Accessories and components
- Rainware gutter and comp flashing
- OverEZee™ engineered retrofit system
Final Thoughts on Best Western U.S. Coil Manufacturers
While this list of Western U.S. coil manufacturers isn’t all-inclusive, it does offer a good look at some of the best choices so you can continue doing research, compare products and services, ask questions, and get a better understanding of the best supplier for you.
Keep in mind: There’s a lot more that goes into purchasing metal sheets and coil than just finding the best or lowest price. You’ll also want to check the on following attributes:
- Availability in your area
- Is there a local facility in my area? Or will it be shipped from a long distance?
- Sales/account management
- Is the sales team I’d be working with and purchasing from reliable and responsive?
- Lead times
- Is the metal sheet/coil supplier able to process orders in a time frame that works for you and your business?
- Shipping and freight costs
- How much will it cost to have my products delivered to my business or a job site? Is it my responsibility?
- Warranties offered
- What warranties can I provide to my customers based on the products I’ve purchased from a supplier?
- Paint warranties? Substrate warranties? Weather-tight warranties?
- Technical assistance
- Is there a dedicated technical department that I can contact with any product questions or if I’m having a technical issue?
- Other support/training
- Is there a dedicated customer service team?
- Is any training needed or offered if I become a customer?
With over 50 colors continuously stocked and many other available for custom order, Sheffield Metals offers a one-stop shopping experience for any contractor, manufacturer, or architect’s needs. Plus, we know how important it is for you to choose the right product manufacturer, which is why we offer free consultations to get to know your business and set you up for future project success.
To learn more about Sheffield Metals and our variety of product offerings (materials, color, engineering, and more) and support, contact us today to speak with one of our metal roofing and wall system specialists.