Mitsui USA representative Dave Miller discusses the price of finished steel and explores the manufacturing and construction trends expected for the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023.
How will the construction and manufacturing industries fare throughout the remainder of 2022 and the beginning of 2023? On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Thad Barnette is joined by Brett Muckle of architectural metal sheet and coil supplier Sheffield Metals and Dave Miller of Mitsui USA from the show floor of METALCON 2022.
Watch this video to learn how steel prices have adjusted into mid-October 2022, the level of construction demand potentially expected for the winter and holiday season, and an insider’s look at the supply chain outlook for the new year.
- Where is the steel market right now in October 2022? – 0:38
- How have Sheffield’s bare steel prices changed since earlier this year? – 1:28
- What’s the current demand for steel and construction? – 2:31
- How busy are Sheffield’s customers in the current market? – 3:03
- How should steel consumers prepare for market uncertainty? – 3:35
- What should customers keep in mind as they’re bidding on new jobs? – 4:14
- What’s something new you’ve seen at METALCON this year? – 5:55
- What is the possible outlook of the supply chain going into 2023? – 6:25