PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) resin technology has been widely used in premium metal roofing paint systems for years. Currently, in 2022, PVDF products are experiencing a marketplace shift to a rapidly expanding industry: electric vehicles and energy storage solutions. Today on Q&A Mondays, Thad Barnette is joined by Adam Mazzella of metal roofing manufacturer Sheffield Metals to discuss what is happening with PVDF manufacturing and sales, its uses in various industries, and how architectural metal construction may be affected.
- What’s happening with PVDF in the market? – 2:50
- What do the PVDF price increases mean for the architectural metals industry? – 6:50
- Should you look for alternatives to PVDF? – 7:52
- Could FEVE drop in price to enter more of the architectural metal market? – 9:30
- What are the warranty differences between SMP and PVDF? – 11:57
- What can contractors do about escalating PVDF prices? – 13:01