What is galvanized steel and when is it a good choice for my metal roofing project?
Galvanized steel has been used for decades in manufacturing and construction, but is it the right choice for your metal roof? In today’s Q&A Monday, Jeff Hock and Adam Mazzella from Sheffield Metals join Thad Barnette to explain the characteristics of galvanized steel roofing, its pros and cons for both contractors and homeowners, alternative roofing materials, and how to decide if it’s the right material for your metal roofing project.
- What are the characteristics of galvanized steel? – 0:48
- What are other characteristics of galvanized steel? – 2:53
- What are the benefits of galvanized steel? – 4:07
- What are the drawbacks of galvanized steel? – 5:37
- What are the engineering benefits of galvanized steel? – 7:12
- When would galvanized be right for a homeowner? – 8:01
- Does location matter for galvanized steel? – 9:11
- Are colors and finishes the same for galvanized and Galvalume®? – 10:11
- What does Sheffield offer for galvanized steel? – 12:08