What is Galvalume® steel and is it a good choice for my metal roofing project?
Galvalume® is coated steel that has grown in popularity over the last several decades in the architectural metals industry because of its cost-effectiveness and excellent corrosion resistance, but is it the right material for your roof? In today’s Q&A Monday, Jeff Hock and Adam Mazzella from Sheffield Metals join Thad Barnette to explain what Galvalume® is, what applications can use Galvalume®, and what types of projects should consider a different material.
- What is Galvalume®? – 0:48
- Why are steel products coated? – 1:40
- How has Galvalume® entered the market and how is it currently used in metal roofing? – 2:28
- What are the pros of using Galvalume®? – 4:34
- What are the cons of using Galvalume®? – 5:43
- What else should you consider when using Galvalume®? – 8:05
Learn the difference between Galvalume® and galvanized steel.