How do you start a sheet metal shop and what equipment do you need to produce metal roofing trim and other metal products?
Having your own sheet metal shop allows you to fabricate metal roofing trim at the speed and quality your business needs. It also gives you the ability to sell metal products to other companies, but what types of equipment and knowledge do you need to create a sheet metal shop successfully?
Today on The Metal Roofing Channel, Ryan Osterhoudt from Sheffield Metals and Mike Robbins from Marty Robbins Roofing join Thad Barnette to discuss metal fabrication equipment, options for different budget levels, how to sell to other companies, and more!
- When should your business start a sheet metal shop? 0:30
- What kind of capabilities do you need for fabricating standing seam trim? 1:42
- What should you look for when hiring a machine operator? 1:59
- Are there low-budget options for equipment? 2:31
- How can sheet metal shops improve efficiency and quality? 3:22
- What else should you consider before adding a sheet metal shop? 4:55
- What should you know before supplying metal to other companies? 5:29
- Where can you purchase sheet metal shop equipment from? 8:09