Specialty metals like copper, zinc, and stainless steel offer a unique look and incredible longevity, but are they the right materials for your home or building?
Should you get a copper, zinc, stainless steel, or other specialty material for your metal roof? In today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Thad Barnette is joined by Doug Markle from Sheffield Metals to discuss the history of specialty metals, unique challenges they bring to an installation, cost, availability, warranties, and more!
- Why are there more steel and aluminum roofs than copper? – 1:28
- How available are other metals to source and have installed? – 2:43
- What unique challenges do specialty metals bring to roofing? – 4:15
- What’s the cost of specialty metals compared to steel and aluminum? – 5:08
- Do specialty metals have warranties? – 6:30
- Do specialty metals have engineering? – 7:25
- Who is a good fit for a specialty metals product? – 9:14
- What should a customer keep in mind when ordering specialty metals? – 9:58