Why is roof ventilation important and what options are there to choose from when it comes to assembly design and venting products?
Ventilation for your roofing system is a tried and true method of reducing the harmful effects of condensation, ice damming, and more. In today’s Q&A Monday, Jeff Hock from Sheffield Metals joins Thad Barnette to explain what ventilation is, why it’s important, and what product options and assembly designs exist for different types of building construction.
- What is ventilation and why is it important? – 0:43
- What are options for venting in a conditioned attic? – 3:55
- Why is it important to use above sheathing ventilation if you don’t have an attic? – 4:36
- Does venting help in colder climates? – 5:33
- What products are available for above sheathing ventilation? – 6:24
- What are the pros and cons of different ventilation systems? – 9:25
Matt Risinger on conditioned vs. unconditioned attic assemblies.
Todd Miller on condensation and metal roofing.