Today on Q&A Mondays, Thad and Adam are in Piqua, Ohio with Todd Miller of Isaiah Industries to discuss the similarities and differences between metal shingles and asphalt shingles. They talk about the look, the cost, the ability to handle various weather situations and more. The second half of the video dives into what it means for an installer to work with metal shingles if they previously only installed asphalt shingles.
- How are asphalt shingles and metal shingles similar or different in terms of look? 0:47
- What is the cost difference between asphalt shingles and metal shingles? 4:05
- How do HOAs typically react to metal shingles? 5:12
- How do asphalt shingles and metal shingles handle various weather types? 7:47
- Is rain noise loud on a metal roofing system? 9:28
- Is it easy to make repairs to a metal shingle roof? 11:33
- Will pre-formed foam inserts help rain noise? 12:21
- What maintenance is required with a metal shingle roof? 13:43
- How is installation different with asphalt shingles and metal shingles? 15:38
- What are some considerations when installing a higher cost product like metal shingles? 17:59
- What are the recyclability differences with asphalt shingles and metal shingles? 20:30
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Metal Roofing Channel so you don’t miss out on future videos!