Making a warranty claim on your metal roof can be stressful, so it’s helpful to understand how the process and procedures work. In this Q&A Mondays episode, Adam Mazzella explains how claims are managed by the manufacturer, what building owners should remember when it comes to documentation and taking appropriate action, and key points to consider before you reach out to your first point of contact.
- What manufacturer warranties are typically included with a metal roof? 1:03
- What can trigger a warranty claim? 3:36
- Who is a building owner’s first contact if they notice a problem with their roof? 4:46
- What is the manufacturer’s first step in the claim process? 6:27
- What does the end of the warranty claim process look like? 11:45
- How long can the warranty claim process take? 14:07
- What can happen if a building owner doesn’t pursue a claim? 16:55