Protecting the finish on your metal is an important step in preserving the long term look and life of the entire roofing system. On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Mark Hanson from POLIFILM and Doug Markle from Sheffield Metals join Thad to talk about the benefits of protective film, how to choose the best product, and what to do if it’s left on your metal too long.
- What is protective film and why is it used?
- Are there different types of films?
- How is protective film manufactured?
- How long can film be left on a panel?
- Are different films used for different fabrication environments and processes?
- Is material gloss level an important consideration?
- What can you do if the film has been left on too long?
- What can make the film react negatively on the surface?
- Why is it important for protective film to be applied properly?
- What differentiates POLIFILM from their competitors?