Should you buy metal roofing panels from a supplier/regional manufacturer or should you purchase your own portable roof panel rollforming machine?
If you’re a metal roofing installer, you can choose to purchase panels from a regional manufacturer and have them shipped to the jobsite, contract a chop-and-drop supplier to rollform panels onsite at your project, or buy your own rollforming machinery. In today’s Q&A Monday, Doug Markle from Sheffield Metals explains important considerations to keep in mind when you’re deciding how to source or manufacture metal roofing panels for your business.
- Owning a portable rollformer vs. buying from a panel supplier – 1:04
- What does owning a portable rollformer look like on a daily basis? – 1:30
- What are the pros and cons of owning a portable rollformer? – 2:38
- What are the pros and cons of buying from a regional manufacturer? – 4:22
- When is it a good decision to purchase from a regional manufacturer? – 6:00
- When is it a good decision to buy your own portable rollformer? – 7:54
- Can Sheffield Metals recommend regional manufacturers? – 8:58
- What else does Sheffield offer when deciding on purchasing a portable rollformer? – 9:42
- Can Sheffield help with purchasing portable rollforming equipment? – 10:36