What kind of damage does hail do to metal roofing? Do insurance companies cover cosmetic damage?
Today on Q&A Mondays, Thad, Adam, and Jeff cover one of the big topics on The Metal Roofing Channel: Hail.
This episode covers what kind of damage hail can do to a metal roof, how assemblies are rated and tested for impacts, insurance terms and definitions, what may be and what may not be covered by your plan, and recommendations for when you have the option of signing a hail damage waiver.
This is a deep topic, so buckle up and get ready to learn everything you want to know about metal roofing, hail, and insurance coverage.
- What are some common definitions of roof insurance? – 0:35
- Actual Cash Value – 0:58
- Replacement Cost coverage – 1:31
- Wind and hail deductible – 1:46
- Cosmetic damage exclusion – 2:33
- How is metal roofing tested and rated for hail events? – 4:34
- At what point is metal roofing damaged by hail? – 7:48
- What else should a building owner be aware of with insurance? – 11:42