How do you estimate metal roofing materials to maximize profit, flexibility, and efficiency?
Metal roof estimating may seem as easy as ordering a take-off report, but the reality is that nothing beats experience when it comes to translating those numbers into the right material purchase for your project. On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Thad Barnette is joined by Joe Lilly of Roofing WRX and Jeff Hock of Sheffield Metals to learn both the art and science of metal roof estimating.
- How do you begin with metal roof estimating? – 0:55
- What’s the difference between the art and science of metal roof estimating? – 2:51
- How would you use take-off software to get an initial cutlist? – 6:51
- How does Sheffield work with take-offs with their customers? – 10:25
- What is the field verification process like? – 12:00
- How could someone improve in the art of metal roof estimating? – 16:42
- What are some common mistakes when estimating a metal roof?- 18:52