High Velocity Hurricane Zones (HVHZ) are areas with an elevated risk of being affected by a hurricane On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Jeff Hock joins Thad to discuss best practices for metal roof installation in these areas, what types of testing exists to support builders, property owners, installers, and architects, and what a homeowner should know about their roofing system if they live in one of these locations.
- Intro 00:00
- What is metal roof installation like in hurricane areas? 1:19
- What standards exist for hurricane areas? 2:27
- How should architects approach designs in hurricane areas? 9:35
- Does engineering requirements include components like underlayment? 10:41
- How does a homeowner know that their contractor will follow best practices for hurricane areas? 12:38
- What are some recommendations for details? 14:15