Doing new construction or completing a reroof in snow country brings a unique and often misunderstood set of challenges to every project. On today’s Q&A Mondays episode, Sheffield Metals technical department members Jeff Hock and Dave Stubbs talk about metal roofing and building design in cold weather environments. They discuss snow loads, building type, location, snow guards, ice dams and more!
- Is panel profile choice affected by snow loads? 1:10
- What considerations should I have when building a house in snow country? 2:39
- When should snow retention be used? 7:31
- What type of snow retention system is best? 8:32
- Do installation practices change in cold weather? 9:45
- What are ice dams and how do they affect roofing? 13:09