How do you clean a metal roof without damaging its paint, how often should you clean it, and what can you do about tougher stains from things like algae and adhesives?
“Can I use a pressure washer to clean my metal roof?”
“How often should I clean my metal roof?”
These questions are asked all the time by home and building owners across the country. Cleaning your metal roof is an important step to maintaining the curb appeal and long-term performance of your roof system, but using the wrong products or tools can damage the metal’s coating and paint.
In this video on the Metal Roofing Channel, Thad Barnette is joined by Adam Mazzella of Sheffield Metals to demonstrate how to clean a standing seam metal roof, what products are safe to use, and what types of products and cleaning methods to avoid.
- Basic cleaning solution – 1:29
- Basic cleaning process – 1:57
- Adam’s thoughts as a metal roof owner – 4:43
- Organic growth, coastal salt spray, tough stains – 6:38
- Products and cleaning methods to avoid – 9:24