To all customers, suppliers, vendors, & employees:
As Sheffield Metals continues to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, our sincere thoughts are with those impacted by the virus on a global basis. Our main priority is the health and welfare for our employees, customers, and suppliers.
To ensure continuous supply of our products, we have reviewed our supply chain planning and options to make sure you are able to plan your business distribution appropriately. We remain fully operational, continuing to service all domestic and global customers as a building materials product supplier.
As of right now, there are no disruptions in our current supply chain for any products we buy, manufacture and distribute for our customer base. No one can predict the future of this evolving situation; however, at this stage, we currently do not anticipate any major disruption from a supply side.
In addition, Sheffield Metals is continuing to take proactive safety measures regarding the health risks stemming from the Coronavirus:
- We have implemented procedures cancelling or postponing all non-essential meetings, events, and travel.
- We will use conference calls, Zoom video meetings, and Microsoft Teams for our employees and request your support to avoid scheduling onsite meetings at our numerous locations for the time being, opting for the noted alternatives.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation plan for our facilities, as well as enacted a restricted access policy requiring loading and unloading outside of the facility to protect employees, as well as customers and vendors.
- We highly encourage good hygiene and social distancing, including a no handshake policy.
- Any employee who is sick has been asked to stay home and work remotely (if possible).
As noted, we will notify you if we see any indications of potential impact to our supply chain and encourage you to contact your local branch at Sheffield Metals should you have any questions. Our goals throughout this situation are the overall safety and well-being for all involved and to make sure our supply chain planning continues to be prepared for any future challenge to maintain a high level of service to you, our customer.
We will continue to serve our business partners to the best of our ability and keep you updated as the situation evolves.
Thank you for being our valued partner.